Nuclear power in the world
• The nuclear powers of the world
Countries belonging to the so-called "nuclear club" and having a nuclear weapon.
1. In Russia, there are 6800 nuclear warheads, of which 1710 are strategically deployed and are in full readiness.
2. The United States, which cut its reserves are an estimated 6,600 nuclear warheads, of which 1650 are in readiness.
3. France has a stable inventory of approximately 300 nuclear warheads. Of them in a state of alert is about 280.
4. It is believed that China is increasing its stockpile of warheads, with about 270 strategic and tactical nuclear weapons, although it is also considered that none of the warhead is not in the phase of alert and they are simply stored under special control.
5. The stockpile consists of 215 British nuclear weapons. Currently, the country is reducing its holdings, and by the mid 2020s it will be reduced to "less than 180". It is reported that the number of warheads on each submarine UK fell from 48 to 40.
6. It is believed that Pakistan has nuclear inventory in the 130-140 warheads, although they are not in combat readiness and stored in warehouses in the southern regions of the country.
7. In India, is believed to have a total inventory of 120-130 warheads, which are not in combat readiness, but are stored in a central repository.
8. Israel has a stockpile of 80 warheads that are not in combat readiness. It is believed that the country produced enough plutonium for about 100-200 warheads.
9. North Korea conducted a series of nuclear tests. It is estimated that the country has produced 10-20 warheads, although experts say that their operational status is unclear.