Some rather unexpected substances, the reception of which can result in an overdose in humans
In most cases, the term "overdose", as a rule, linked to our perception of various narcotic drugs or alcohol. But the reason for this terrible condition can be associated with medicines as OTC, and lets go strictly on prescription. They can not only cause irreparable harm to the health, but also as a result even kill if taken not specified in the package insert or prescribed in the prescription dosage.
Even that habitually referred to as safe and harmless substances, the abuse can be deadly poison. All substances that will be presented below, are completely safe, if properly use in everyday life. But despite this, it is not excluded and deaths, just because a person is clearly oblivious to the fact that you can not abuse them. So stated below and, like, harmless substances can directly send you to the hospital, or even brought to the morgue, if overzealous in their use.
Intrigue soy sauce
In 2013, in Virginia, 18-year-old drunk on the dispute for almost a liter of soy sauce. The dispute was the fact that he "will make this action" not in some approaches, and at one time. Of course, the dispute - is a sacred thing, but do not forget that all may turn into a tragedy. After the boy drank the entire contents of the bottle, his condition deteriorated rapidly. He was urgently taken to the hospital. Before reaching the hospital, the guy in a coma, the cause of which turned out to be an excessive amount of salt, entered his body. The medical term "hypernatremia" refers to a condition in which excess sodium accumulates in human blood. In this case, supersaturated with salt water pulls blood from almost anywhere, not excluding the brain, aiming to reduce the salt content in the body.
Losing water, the brain is experiencing congestion, compressed and may bleed. After trying to win a bet the guy poured a bottle of soy sauce, it instantly attacks began. Friends promptly took him to the hospital, but on the way, as we have said, he fell into a coma. Doctors tried to quickly stabilize the blood sodium level using water and dextrose solution. The patient's condition has stabilized and returned to normal, only five hours after the infusion solution, but he never came out of the coma. Three days later, the sufferer awake himself.
The tea is good to the extent of
At the inhabitant of Arkansas developed renal failure due to excessive consumption of iced tea. 58-year-old tea drinkers drink every day more than 8 cups of drink. In May 2014 he was admitted to hospital because of the frequent complaints of dizziness, weakness, severe nausea and debilitating pain throughout the body. The doctor has appointed a couple of tests, which showed that the patient's kidneys are enlarged and inflamed. As a result it is doomed to a lifetime of dialysis procedure. Such serious damage to the kidneys male has suffered a chemical whose name oxalate.
This chemical substance found in black tea and some other products, such as spinach and rhubarb. Too much oxalate, as a rule, leads to problems with the kidneys. Man, which we described, together with tea every day receive many times more oxalate than the average citizen of America. Scientists have shown that safe for the human body is to consume no more than four cups of tea a day. Sixteen same cups a day - it is an obvious and dangerous overkill.
Cruciferous vegetables, in fact, innocent members of the family are useful to man, and nutrient-rich leafy green plants such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and so on. All nutritionists recommend include this vegetable in the diet, because they have a high level of antioxidants and other nutrients, but eat them in large quantities is not recommended, because it is a risk that you can be poisoned. In 2011, a resident of the Netherlands had to be hospitalized due to the fact that it is, so to speak, pereel Brussels sprouts. Shortly before this he had a pacemaker, and a man had been prescribed anticoagulants.
The Brussels sprouts, as well as the majority of cruciferous vegetables, contain large amounts of vitamin K, which increases the blood's ability to clot. And to a pacemaker normally caught on and functioning, the patient had to be regularly administered anticoagulants. And as a man besides them "injected" into the body it is also a large number of Brussels sprouts, and therefore vitamin K, serious heart problems were inevitable. As soon as the doctors were able to establish that the main cause of pain associated with excessive consumption of Brussels sprouts helpful, they worked out the correct and successful treatment regimen. And fortunately, the man quickly went on the mend.