Walk for the Altai Territory
• Walk along the Altai edge
Altai lies on the border of Mongolia, China and Kazakhstan and includes Republic Altai and Altay. It's big, but sparsely populated region, which has more than 7000 lakes, snow-capped mountains, forests, rivers, and animals such as bears, wolves and even snow leopards. Altay offers visitors great opportunities. So, here are 10 reasons to visit Altai.
1. The Golden Mountains of Altai separate Siberia and Central Asia. That's where you can find a clear blue lake, beautiful slopes covered with pine forests, waterfalls and rivers, bright green meadows and snow on the mountain tops. It is here that the border between Russia and Mongolia, Kazakhstan and China. This is where the concentration of lifestyles of different nationalities.
2. In the Altai, especially in the Altai region, many sanatoriums. Leisure in the Altai in the sanatorium is a wellness and oneness with nature. After all, he mountain air and the purity and nezagazovannost - this is a great vacation for our body.
3. Altai Mountains on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site.
4. The diverse nature has influenced the culture and religion of the population, as the Altai was home to many peoples, from the Scythians to the Turks.
5. In the Altai is the highest mountain of Siberia - Belukha. Its height is 4506 meters.
6. The Ukok Plateau is also a world heritage site. In 1993, a mummy found here Siberian Ice Maiden. Also on this plateau inhabited by snow leopards, endangered.
7. The transport artery of the Altai Territory - the way I feel, which is in fifth place in the list of world's most beautiful roads.
8. The Teletskoye Lake is the pearl of Altai. The lake is tectonic faults and provides a reservoir of pure water ice, which is cold even in summer.
9. In Altai there are many glaciers. Most of them are near Mount Belukha, for what its like to climbers and tourists. A total of more than 1,400 Altai glaciers.
10. In the Altai mountains you can find a lot of caves, whose number is over 400. In each cave - its climate and its flora and fauna. The deepest cave is mine Environment, the depth of almost 350 meters.