The most expensive teas

Tea is the most popular beverage in the world after water. According to calculations, the consumed every day for about three billion cups of aromatic and tasty beverage having wellness and rejuvenating properties.

While most people are content with tea, which can be purchased at retail, real gourmets love to pamper themselves with exclusive varieties, the existence of which many do not even know. Today you will learn the ten most expensive varieties of tea!

10. Flower Tea Tienchi

the cost of 1 kg - $ 170

The most expensive teas

Tienchi - is a type of ginseng that grows in the southwest of China. Flowers and roots of this plant are used in medicine. Tienchi tea is considered one of the healthiest in the world. Using it for centuries treated insomnia, dizziness and skin rashes. Tienchi tea is collected only in Yunnan and has a cool mint flavor and scent of ginseng.

9. Tea Silver Tips Imperial of Makaibari Tea Estate

the price for 1 kg - $ 400

The most expensive teas

has the original color and aroma of Darjeeling tea is grown in the same name at the foot of the Himalayan region at an altitude of 1600-2600 meters above sea level. Makaibari estate is considered the oldest estate in the Indian region of Darjeeling and the first tea plantation, which produces a large number of organic teas, but the most valuable of them is Silver Tips Imperial. Intertwined with silver strips, assembled on the full moon tea is a patented product of Makaibari Tea Estate.

8. Tea Gyokuro

the price for 1 kg - $ 650

The most expensive teas

classified by the method of processing like Sencha, tea refers to the Shadowed (before collecting within two weeks of his hide from the sun, so that the amino acid level rises in the leaves). It is grown only in the Uji region (Japan). Brewed tea, whose name literally means "precious dew", has a characteristic rich flavor and aroma and pale green.

7. Tea Poo Poo Pu-Erh

the price for 1 kg - $ 1,000

The most expensive teas

has a rich flavor, with time only strengthens and becoming more valuable, Pu-Erh tea produced in Yunnan region. The taste is not much different from the usual tea, it is perhaps the most unusual in the world. Visually similar to a handful of dry leaves, in fact it is a litter of some species of insects, lifelong eating tea leaves. Toning tea with medicinal properties, is a true delicacy, invented by Chinese doctors in the XVIII century.

6. The golden tea head

the price for 1 kg - $ 3000

The most expensive teas

This tea is harvested just one day a year on a single mountain in the world with the help of gold scissors. Cut head tea dried in the sun and then stored in closed containers, letting polyphenols, yellowing and starting to publish a soft floral scent. Then, they are painted in 24-carat gold, so that the drink becomes a flickering. This tea is sold only in Singapore.

5. Tea Tieguanyuin

the price for 1 kg - $ 3000

The most expensive teas

The tea was named after the Buddhist deity - Iron Goddess of Mercy. This Oolong teas are a mixture of semi-fermented green and black teas. It has a chestnut flavor and consists of a heavy solid crispy leaves. Production technology consists of a dozen stages, allowing the tea leaves can push up to seven times without any loss of flavor.

4. Narcissus Wuyi Oolong Tea

the price for 1 kg - $ 6,500

The most expensive teas

A box of tea, put up for auction in Hong Kong in 2013, dates back to 1960. Tea is considered to be one of the finest teas. The tea leaves are collected in the Wuyi Mountain in Fujian (China) province.

3. Panda Dung Tea

the price for 1 kg - $ 70,000

The most expensive teas

In the literal translation meaning "feces gentry" tea, as you might guess, is produced with the participation of pandas, which feed on bamboo, consuming only 30% of the nutrients. The remaining 70% are output from the feces. However, tea is not the dung of pandas: manure used to fertilize the tea trees.

2. The tea bag diamond PG Tips

the cost of 1 bag - $ 15,000

The most expensive teas

A series of tea bags, decorated with 280 diamonds each, was released in 2005, the famous British tea company PG Tips on the occasion of its 75th anniversary. Bags filled with tea from Silver Tips Imperial Makibari Estate. Money from the sale of tea were sent to a charity in Manchester.

1. Tea Da-Hong Pao

the price for 1 kg - 1.200.000 USD

The most expensive teas

Tea, whose name translates as "big red robe", is a variety of Chinese tea Wuyi Oolong. According to assumptions, it is one of the biggest secrets of the Ming Dynasty: thanks to him, said to have been cured of the emperor's mother. Tea has healing properties not found in the sale - this is a valuable Chinese national heritage is presented as a gift to honored guests.