French reconnaissance armored car
• French reconnaissance armored vehicle
Panhard EBR (fr Engin Blindé de Reconnaissance -. "Reconnaissance armored car") - French reconnaissance armored car of the 1950s. It developed in the years 1945-1948 on the basis of constructed Louis Garde AMR 201 pre-war prototype armored car and used a number of design innovations, such as the oscillating turret and Four-circuit with two lifting bridges average.
Mass production Panhard EBR began in 1950 and lasted until the 1970s, all were released about 1,200 machines of this type in several versions. Panhard EBR armored car remained the main French army until the 1970s, and also comes in a number of other countries, some of which, as of 2007, he still remained in service.
The crew is made up of four people: the vehicle commander (who also serves as the gunner), loader and two driver.
Case welded, frontal and feed sheets have large angles of inclination, are disposed vertically side. The front and rear parts of the body placed rectangular hatches for the driver. Maximum body armor thickness is 15 mm.
The main armament is a 75 mm gun S.A. 49 with a two muzzle brake, as the auxiliary arms 7 are three, 5 mm machine gun MAC 34 "Reibel" (ammunition, and is 56 shots 2250 cartridges).
power plant 12-cylinder gasoline engine 12H 6000 of the company "Panhard" air cooling system with a horizontal opposed-cylinder (designed based on the vehicle engine "Panhard Dyna X" Motor Power - 200 hp... The capacity of the fuel tanks - 370 liters.
The front and rear pair of wheels provided with pneumatic tires bulletproof and middle pairs of wheels - tractor type (which when driving on good roads can be raised, and when driving off-road - fall).
They used the French army in Algeria and in other colonial conflicts in Africa.
Armored combat weight "Type 10" of the tower 14, 9 tons. Tower "Type 10" (from lung tank AMX-13) - Swinging, composed of two molded parts, the bottom, mounted on a ball bearing, and an upper connected with the bottom pins. On the roof of the tower is located domed commander's cupola. On the sides of the tower installed on two triple-grenade launcher for smoke-screens.
The main armament is a 75 mm cannon S.A.50 horizontal wedges, concentric recoil device and a muzzle brake. Cannon significantly advanced forward of the tower, in the recess of the tower swinging two stores drum mounted on six shots each of which via chambering mechanism shots performed loading gun. Spent cartridges are automatically ejected out - through a special hatch tower by the stern hull. Shops are loaded with through hatches in the roof of the tower. As used three auxiliary arms 7, 5 mm machine gun MAC 34 "Reibel" (ammunition shots is 38 and 1800 cartridges).