Omsk 300 years. Views of the city from a height
• Omsk 300 years. Views of the city from a height of
the city's history began in 1716 when the Omsk fortress was founded on the orders of Peter I to strengthen the borders of the Russian Empire. In 1797 the fort became a town. In the XIX century Omsk became the center of the Steppe region, which covers a large part of Western Siberia and north of present-day Kazakhstan, accounting for about a third of the entire country. Thus, for three hundred years, a small fortress on a distant border of the Russian Empire became a major industrial center.
This year marks the 300th anniversary of Omsk. In this time I have collected a selection of 70 photos from the roofs of Omsk.
Omsk - one of the largest cities in Russia and the second largest city in Siberia after Novosibirsk. As of 2015 there lives 1, 2 million. Man. The city is located at the confluence of two rivers - the Om and the Irtysh.
The main square in Omsk, located in the city center between the streets of Red Path, International, Tara and Lenin. Here are all the most important city events.
Assumption Cathedral - one of the most important architectural monuments in Omsk.
The first stone laid in the foundation of the cathedral in 1891, traveled the country Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich, the future Russian Emperor Nicholas II. In 1935 the church was blown up.
In 2005, the Cathedral of the Assumption decided to rebuild. The bells were cast Master of the city of Kamensk-Uralsky. Finishing and decorative bricks made of special red clay brought from the Baltic.
The new Assumption Cathedral solemnly consecrated in 2007.
The intersection of Red Road, Konev and Bulatov.
Place canned metro station "Biblioteca. Pushkin "".
Omsk Metro is still in an unfinished state. He became famous thanks to the uniqueness of the station and metro bridge.
The unusual architecture of the library project has been awarded the diploma of II degree at the Exhibition of Economic Achievements (ENEA) of the USSR in 1985.
Street Red Road.
One of the oldest streets of Omsk, an important part of the city road infrastructure. Red Path - a former street Kaptsevich renamed in memory of the Civil War events. Street ended Kaptsevich rural road on which the Red Army entered the city.
The bridge of the 60th anniversary of the Victory.
Combined road and metro bridge (upper level to traffic, lower - for the metro trains). Construction started in 1992, car traffic is open October 18, 2005.
The Legislative Assembly of the Omsk region.
In 1918-1919 the building housed the Governing Senate and the Ministry of Justice of the Government of Kolchak, here Kolchak 29.01.1919 took the oath "of loyalty to the state and the laws of the country." It also housed the security detachment of the gold reserves of the Russian Empire, brought from Kazan (in the right wing of the second floor). Sam's gold reserves was kept in the State Bank building opposite.
The cinema "Mayakovsky"
Calancea appeared in 1915 on the site of dilapidated wooden structure. Then she became the highest point in the city (about 32 m).
In 2002, on the observation deck of the tower mounted figure of the fire.
The Tobolsk gate of the former Omsk fortress.
The history of the city began in 1716, when by order of Peter I to strengthen the borders of the Russian Empire was founded Omsk fortress. In 1797 the fort became a town. In the XIX century Omsk became the center of the Steppe region, which covers a large part
Western Siberia and north of present-day Kazakhstan, accounting for about a third of the entire country.
Tobolsk Gate - the only original gate of the Omsk fortress have survived to our time.
Central street Omsk runs from Cathedral Square via the Jubilee bridge to the street Mayakovsky, in the area of historic buildings.
There remained only one of its kind architectural ensemble of the late XIX - early XX century, received the status of an object of cultural heritage of federal importance.
The building of the insurance company "Salamander"
The building was built in 1913-1914 on the project of the St. Petersburg architect NN Verevkina. Now here is the city polyclinic №1.
Omsk State Academic Theater.
One of the oldest theaters in Siberia was founded in 1874. The first theater building was made of wood, and stood just two years, has not yet burned. In 1882 at the same place we built a new building. It also proved to be unsafe, and in 1891 it was demolished, without waiting for the fire. Construction of a new theater on the Piazza ended in 1905. The building was built in eclectic style combining classicism with baroque motifs.
The building of the Russian-American Rubber Manufactory "Triangle" (architect H. Niu Veryovkin)
Pushkin Street (clickable panorama 4000 pixels.)
The City Council.
Building for Omsk City Duma was built in 1897, in the Russian style. Architect M. Shuhman. One of the symbols of Omsk. In 1907 he built, which housed the town library. During the Soviet period, in 1924, the building housed the Regional Scientific Library. Pushkin.
Omsk State Music Theater.
In 1946, the People's Commissars decided that the needs of Omsk musical theater. One year later, the grand opening of the regional theater of music and comedy.
The new theater building was opened January 29, 1982.
Because of its original form of musical theater building is one of the symbols of Omsk.
Seraphim Alekseevskaya chapel.
A large stone chapel with tent completion built in 1907 in memory of the heir Tsarevich Alexei, was born. Broken in 1927, in 1992-1994 it restored the old place.
The area of Buchholz.
In the center of the square is a Buchholz huge ball, which base engraved scenes of Siberia.
From Omsk related catch phrase "Do not try to leave Omsk!" Became especially popular after the ball-monument on the square Buchholz nearly drove off in a hurricane.
Navigation on the Irtysh.
The Center for Civil War history, the former mansion for father.
In 1919 there was the residence of Admiral Kolchak, "Supreme Governor" of Russia. The building suffered from the explosion of a failed assassination attempt on 08/25/1919 Kolchak.
The central traffic artery Omsk, one of the busiest streets of the city. It passes from Theater to Railway Square.
Ciocan Valikhanov Street.
Street with pedestrian boulevard in the heart of Omsk, overlooking the waterfront
Irtysh River. In 2014, large-scale reconstruction was completed.
On the street there were fountains, futuristic, unusual architectural objects, comfortable benches and a modern lighting system.
Leningrad bridge - opened November 6, 1959, becoming the first reinforced concrete bridge over the Irtysh.
"House with a spire" - Stalin at the intersection of Prospect and Karl Marx Street. Maslennikov.
Omsk State Transport University (OmGUPS).
Siberian Institute of Transportation Engineers was founded in 1930, in Tomsk. In 1961, the university moved to Omsk and renamed the Omsk Institute of Railway Engineers. University status he received in 1997. Now it's Omsk State Transport University.
Quay length of over 4 km - one of the favorite holiday destinations for residents and visitors alike. Large-scale reconstruction of the main pedestrian street ended in 2009.
Trade-exhibition complex "Cascade".
The memorial complex "Glory to Heroes" on Victory Boulevard.
Railway Station "Omsk-Passenger."
Buildings Gagarin st.
Commercial and office complex "Leader".
10 years of October Street.
The street of Marshal Zhukov and the "Tower of Saken".
Sports and Concert Complex. Blinov - one of the largest in the Urals of such complexes.
Football Arena "Red Star" - home arena in Omsk of the football club "Irtysh".
The extension to the building of the Administration of the city of Omsk.
Omsk State Agrarian University. Stolypin - the first agricultural institute in Siberia.
Road interchange at the intersection of Zaozernaya and Prospect Mira.
The bridge them. 60th anniversary of the Komsomol.
Alley in the second district.
The Cathedral of the Nativity - the first church built on the left bank of the Irtysh in Omsk.
The Cathedral of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross built in 1870.
Siberian Great Mosque - the largest mosque in Omsk.
Here is located the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of Siberia, which includes a number of mosques, Omsk, Novosibirsk, Kemerovo and Tomsk regions.
The Duma street.