Myths about Russian, that are not
• Myths about Russian that are not those of
Every culture has its own national characteristics. This is often referred to as stereotypes. But whether they are false as trying to present them? Here are some myths about the Russian, which are not always amenable to refutation.
1. In the Russian cold. This fact is very controversial, but is a part of Russia in the Arctic Circle, but still the majority of the inhabitants of our vast country itself is quite represent what the sun and tan. Well, at least we have seen the pictures.
2. Address to strangers - have difficulty with this, before we applied to all "friend", the whole country have been "friends"! Now it is a relic of the Soviet era is unpopular, but treated as a still needed. So do not be surprised if you turn to the "man" or "woman", this is not familiarity or gender discrimination, just easier. It is better this way than "Hey, you!", Right?
3. Russian viewed with suspicion for anything cheap, but very fond of freebies. Well, yes.
Girls in branded boots, heels loud clatter on the pavement, so on to the money on travel no longer exists -.. This is the norm. And it's not such a big problem - but all will be able to assess how cool her shoes, and awareness of their own elite do not give her a kick in the wind.
Free services - it's even better, that is to receive the product for free to the owner only increases its value, regardless of what it was originally...
4. Russian nothing ever thrown. Do nothing. We store all the decades, passing from grandmothers to grandsons everything from broken spinning wheel and ending with a set of stickers with naked girls, which collected 90 great-uncle.
5. Villas - this is not a luxury but a necessity. For the Japanese, for example, giving - this is the height of personal success, and even if it has one, he did not attend it, as long it is not there. For us, the cottage - it is natural, where else are we going to meet with friends at barbecues, and "rest", spending all weekend with a hoe in their hands?
6. By the way, about the work. Russian does not like to talk about it. For Americans - this is a hot topic everywhere and always, we have the same maximum, can discuss the bosses, and then we have a lot of other interesting topics of conversation. And let the work remain on the job.
7. Chutzpah - the second happiness. This is a unique phenomenon of Russian culture, which is impossible to explain to a foreigner. They will not understand.
8. Russian underground - most convenient. You were in New York? Guess when and where to go next train is not possible, they have the subway is a separate body, which occurs periodically biorhythms fail, and he starts to do what he pleases. We are all on schedule and direction, no surprises!
9. Jam - our all. Another feature of Russian stems from the previous topic. Despite the fact that we have a very well developed public transport system, most people have a car, never agree to take the subway. Even if you are late by three hours, even if you spend half the family budget on petrol - no. Legs atrophy as unnecessary, we have wheels! 10. Fake smiles. This has been discussed a lot - Russian do not smile. Smile, and how! Yes, we can cackle the whole house above the old joke, or cry with joy at the sight of an old friend. Our emotions are deeper, and we are squandering them on the insincere smiles to strangers.
11. Mental Health - as the main feature of the Russian people. Our accumulated emotions, the ones that we are saved, suppressing a smile at the bakery, find a way to other more appropriate situations. So for his birthday, we set the table, all more or less familiar people, summoning two adjacent entrance. And that goes for any occasion - a holiday we create themselves!
12. Parents - is sacred. In Europe and America decided to give elderly people in a nursing home, but it is nonsense to us. How can I get rid of someone half his life laid out in order to grow you? We will take care of the family until recently, and because of this there is always someone who will give you a glass of water in his old age.