How to make a real pomegranate juice
Business card of Azerbaijan - a pomegranate, on the whole world knows, because 98% of the products produced for export AZNAR factory. Pomegranate juice, which is sold in stores in my town, as it turned out, very far from this freshly squeezed pomegranate juice.
In this feature, I'll tell you how to make real juice from real fruit, we will visit the two large factories of the country - AZNAR (Grante) and Gabala cannery (Jale).
I went to the festival of pomegranate in Azerbaijan in early November. The festival is traditionally held in the small town of Goychay and each year is rapidly gaining momentum, becoming one of the events on a national scale.
The history of Azerbaijan is inseparably linked with the culture of cultivation of pomegranate, the outgoing back centuries. Pomegranates historically cultivated in almost all regions of the country, but a recognized center of growing the best varieties of pomegranate is Shirvan, lying in the strip of dry subtropics. For the production of juice most often used pomegranates grown in Goychay.
It Goychay pomegranates have won international recognition and became synonymous with "the true Azerbaijani pomegranates." The secret of great taste and consistent quality Geokchai pomegranates is unique microclimate and soil composition of the region, which are found nowhere else in the world.
Grenades were collected for 40-45 days in October and November. Of 3 kg pomegranate the output is 1 liter of juice. Of 5000 tonnes, which are assembled in the Goychay region, you get 1,300 tons of juice. In the production of juice of the plant AZNAR uses two fundamentally different technologies - either the production and bottling of juice directly into the bottle and shipped to the manufacturer, or the accumulation of concentrate in aseptic tanks with a capacity of 50 tons, just in the factory 100 such tanks. On the day of the plant can be spilled from 10 to 15 thousand bottles. When the season of gathering grenades stops juice spill occurs in a planned manner from the previously filled aseptic tanks.
Main ipmortery juice - USA, Canada, Germany and Australia. Implementation of juice for export is carried out both under its own brand Grante, and under individual names. Depending on country, 1-liter bottle of juice stands in retail from $ 5 to 7 euros. Brand Grante relates to premium brand high quality natural juice.
AZNAR plant is an efficient modern production, comprising the following technological elements:
- Three primary processing line, with a total capacity of 20 tons per hour, and a group of equipment for the treatment and ultrafiltration of juice;
- Line sterilization and storage of the juice in aseptic containers;
- evaporators such as "a rising film" to concentrate the juice;
- aseptic filling line juice concentrate into a large container type "Aseptic Bags", EMK. 220 pp .;
- Two bottling lines into glass bottles, hooting. 1 L 0, L 75, 0, 0 and 33 liters, 25 liters, pasteurization and packaging in cartons and shrinkable film;
- A set of equipment for the tannin extract of pomegranate peel;
- Cooling chamber 1100 m2 for storing the concentrated juice at t = -18 ° C and fresh fruit at t = (+5) - (-2) ° C;
- The site of production and jam.
Unloading grenades on the line directly from the body of the car:
In the processing plant will only be accepted whole, fresh, undamaged fruits of special varieties of pomegranate of Goychay, manually sorted on a conveyor belt:
Extracting juice occurs in the power saving mode, the pneumatic membrane presses (by gentle pressure on the grain) instead of the screw (extract juice trituration grains) distributed in other enterprises:
Due to application of closed flowsheet with minimal contact with air excluded during the oxidative processes; product is exceptionally gentle thermal effect using pasteurization (100 ° C), in Vol. h. The tunnel, instead of sterilizers (above 100 ° C). To filter ultrafiltration plant used instead open to the air plate or precoat filters used throughout:
After pasteurization fresh juice is stored in aseptic containers stainless steel container of 50 cubic meters (5,000 tons of storage), unlike all other similar entities applying to store the juice in conventional tanks various preservatives. These are the best tank that stores the juice that will be bottled during the following years:
Interesting facts and legends about the pomegranate:
- Since ancient times pomegranate is considered the East king of all fruits. Even outwardly it stands out among the fruit fiery red crown on top. Tradition has it that the original form of the sepals prompted crown.
- According to the Koran, pomegranate trees, among others, planted a beautiful Garden of Eden. Many nations flowers and fruits of pomegranate are considered a symbol of wealth, abundance and fertility.
- Images grenade found in the Egyptian pyramids, to drevnevizantiyskih tissues in the ornaments of the ancient Greeks and the Arabs. Pharaohs very much appreciated fresh pomegranate juice, considering it a miracle that can strengthen not only the body but also the spirit. Ancient Egyptians were buried with pomegranates in the hope of revival. Also, the ancient Egyptians and Assyrians often depicted in the sculptures of grenades, as a sacred tree or "tree of life". - The Italians believe that Eve was tempted in Eden garnet. And the king Cyrus, the founder of the Persian Empire, and wished so many good generals, how many seeds in a pomegranate. Later, the Prophet Muhammad urged followers have grenades, considering that it clears out of envy and hatred.
- In Greek mythology, pomegranates were a favorite food of the gods, prompting many to believe that their use leads to immortality. And Persephone, the goddess of agriculture, the seed of the fruit offered to Hades. Yielding to the temptation of this ruby fruit, like a precious stone, she took it and thereby doomed itself to carrying out a few months a year in the underworld Hades.
- The ancient Greeks believed that the first pomegranate tree grown on the island of Cyprus the goddess of love - Aphrodite. Since then, pomegranate juice has gained the reputation of "love potion". In our time, the Greeks traditionally break a pomegranate at weddings as a symbol of fertility.
- In China, the sweet pomegranate seeds to eat on your wedding day to bless newlyweds thereby. A painting of a ripe pomegranate is a popular wedding gift.
- The fruit has long been used in folk medicine in the Middle East, Azerbaijan, Iran and India. Healers use not only edible seeds, but also bark, leaves, fruit peel to treat absolutely everything from conjunctivitis, ending hemorrhoids.
And this is another large plant - Gabala cannery producing brands of juices: "Jale" and "Golden Garden".
Covering an area of 13 hectares and has a capacity of processing 70,000 tons of fruit a year, Gabala Canning Factory produces annually 210,000 tons of fruit juice and nectar. The plant is equipped with the latest production equipment.
Work plant process encompasses all production steps - starting from the reception and collection of raw materials, finishing products to packaging. Production is divided into the following areas: - production of fruit juices and nectars;
- Manufacturing concentrates and purees;
- Production of canned sliced fruit.
Total produced 26 kinds of natural juice.
The main area of production of Gabala Canning Factory is the production of natural juices, nectars and concentrates, which is on 7 production lines. 2 lines are produced in a glass container, the remaining 5 lines - in packagings Tetra Pak.
Line for the production of apple juice concentrate, primary rejection, occurs more juicing:
Vaporatsiya and ultrafiltration, after which the obtained apple juice concentrate. Part of the concentrate is frozen and stored for their own production needs, and some are exported.
Spill bottles of orange juice produced from concentrate imported:
Production of juices in Tetra Pak packaging:
Here's another interesting answers to questions from the website:
- What is a concentrate?
Despite the fact that many media sources have repeatedly given an explanation as to what a "concentrate, made from fruit juice," is still just the word "concentrate" causes fear among consumers. People have formed an opinion that the concentrate - a chemical substance used to produce fruit juice.
But this is absolutely not true!
The world production of fruit juice, there are several ways of receiving it:
- freshly squeezed juice seasoned
- fresh juice
- fruit juice as a concentrate
- fruit juice reconstituted from concentrate
Concentrate - a condensed form of fruit juice, obtained by evaporation or freezing. For concentrate by evaporation, fruit juice is heated with the help of special equipment. To make fruit juice did not lose its useful qualities, the process is not brought to a boil. During evaporative protsesa water is separated and the resulting thickened fruit juice is collected in an aseptic bowl (not having contact with air) and frozen. Further, the method of recovery of the prepared fruit juice concentrate. Why do produce a concentrate? To explain we take for example the pomegranate juice and the method of its preparation. Like every fruit, pomegranate has its period of maturation and harvesting pomegranates lasts only two months. But after the expiration of that is in the winter, spring and summer to supply consumers with natural pomegranate juice, we are part of the juice obtained by evaporation is saved as a concentrate (condensed form of fruit juice). In the following months of the concentrate we produce natural juice, which does not lose its beneficial properties and retains in its composition vitamins.
- What is the difference between freshly squeezed fruit juices and reconstituted?
The difference between the restored and freshly squeezed fruit juices is in the process of their production. Production of fresh juices coincides with the season fruit ripening and squeezed from fruit just collected in gardens and brought to the plant. One part of the collected fruit is immediately sent to the production, while the other part is collected in special barns for storage of fruits to proceed to the other months of the year production of juices.
Sent to the production of fruit squeezed out and separated from the juice. The juice is filtered and collected in a container, then, to within the 1st year not lose its useful qualities, juice undergoes pasteurization. pasteurization process depending on the type of fruit takes 1-2 minutes and the temperature is held under 88 ° -105 °. The taste is freshly squeezed fruit juice (sweet - acid) is not standard and its diversity depends on the type of fruit. If the characteristic flavor of the fruit sent to production is defined as "sweet", and the taste of the juice is sweet, if a "sour" - the sour. Also juice color will depend on the type of fruit. For example, a red apple juice is dark, the juice of green apple - pale yellow. During the manufacture of reconstituted juice concentrate is added, especially purified water, and natural aroma of the fruit obtained during the production of the concentrate. Any fruit juice involved in the preparation of reconstituted juice, must meet special requirements and standards. These standards include the acid juice, its color, composition, purity and so on. D.
- On some packages, we can see the word "juice" on the other the "nectar", what is the difference between them?
Juice and nectar differ in composition. Juices produced Gabala canneries, and divided into fresh juice reconstituted from concentrate. On the packaging of the two products and to spell "fruit juice".
In the production of fruit nectars used 25% to 50% fruit juice, water, sugar and fruit puree. Nectar is made of not very juicy fruit species such as peach, apricot, quince, feijoa and t. D. To this fruit is used in the form of puree, and depending on the type of fruit as percentage added water, and other natural products.
- The packaging of fruit juice is written "no preservatives". If the products do not add preservatives and other chemicals, it is possible that is written on the packaging the shelf life of up to a year?
For the answer to this question is given as an example the production and storage of pickled tomatoes, cucumbers and other stocks in the winter at home. Do them for long-term storage are added preservatives? Of course not! But after a year the same pickle tomatoes and cucumbers amaze you with its taste and freshness.
We also do not add any concentrates and chemicals in our products in order to make it long retains its useful properties. The secret to the longevity of our products in aseptic technology (without air contact) packaging. If no penetration of air into the package does not occur and oxidation processes of putrefaction. The second secret - is the use of a five-layer, tonkolentnoy, with an inner layer of foil packaging. This package shows the world's leading company Tetra Pak, which is a guarantee of quality.
The third secret - our products prior to packaging is the process of pasteurization and sterilization. Pasteurization process depending on the type of fruit takes 1-2 minutes and the temperature is held under 88 ° -105 °, the product is cooled prior to packaging.
Of course, the real pomegranate juice is squeezed out only sobstvenoruchno!
Tested on personal experience under the guidance of well-known TV presenter and traveler Azerabaydzhana Azer Garib:
Drink only natural pomegranate juice and be healthy!