Interesting facts about Keanu Reeves
• Interesting facts about Keanu Reeves
1. Hawaiian name Keanu means "cool breeze over the mountains".
2. Keanu's father, Samuel Reeves Noulin, half-Hawaiian, half-Chinese and his mother, Patrick, an Englishwoman.
3. Keanu never read the letters of their fans, that is. A. Not want to be held responsible for the fact that there may be written. In addition, he prefers to spend the time it would have taken him to read such letters, with their loved ones. He has repeatedly said this in his interview.
4. As a child, Keanu and his sister Kim was dicleksiya (speech impairment, inability to read), which many consider the reason for its closure.
5. Keanu never had their own computer. If he has yet to communicate with a computer - he plays chess. Keanu has repeatedly claimed that he was more interested in the relationship between man and computer, rather than the computer itself as such.
6. Keanu is afraid to have children, because this world it is often frightening. However, he believes that he is able to fall in love to the point when it will be all the same, that is waiting for you ahead.
7. The actor played the bass guitar in the band "Dogstar". In 2002, Keanu joined his fellow "Dogstar" Rob Meylhauzu in the new group "Becky".
8. childhood fond of hockey and can not imagine my life without a motorcycle, from Keanu three.
9. After the filming of "Point Break" actor became interested in surfing, and after taking part in the film "Much Ado About Nothing" Keanu loved horse riding.
10. Keanu - left-handed.
11. Reeves has three sisters: Kim Reeves (born 1966, Beirut, Lebanon.), Karina Miller (born 1976, Toronto, Canada.) And Emma Rose Reeves (born in 1980, Hawaii.). Kim Reeves - actress, also bred horses. 12. January 31, 2005 Keanu Reeves received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
13. In rejecting lucrative offer to play in the continuation of "Speed" (according to rumors he was offered $ 11 million), Reeves preferred to star in the movie "The Devil's Advocate" with Al Pacino and Charlize Theron; Reeves has agreed to pay for the understatement of own attraction to the film Al Pacino, the same thing he did in "stand-ins" for the sake of participation Gene Hackman.
14. In 1994, Keanu rejects offer to play in the film "Quest" with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino, as a result of the role went to Velu Kilmer.
15. Reeves screen debut occurred in 1979 in the Canadian television. In the early 1980s, he appeared in commercials (including Coca-Cola advertising) and short films in Toronto. His first role in a studio film - hockey goalie in Rob Lowe "Young Blood" (1985).
16. Reeves was having an affair with Jennifer Syme, assistant director David Lynch and sister Keanu girlfriend, Karina. 8 January 2000 they had to be born daughter, whom he was going to call Ava Archer Syme-Reeves. But a week before the birth the doctor stopped to hear the beating of the heart of the child; Ultrasound showed that the girl had died in the womb, cause of death was a blood clot in the umbilical cord.
17. In 2001, Reeves' girlfriend 29-year-old Jennifer Syme died in a car accident; her jeep crashed into three parked cars on the streets of Los Angeles. Keanu buried girlfriend at Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles next to the grave of their stillborn daughter.
18. Keanu took public service announcement about the use of the seat belt, so Keanu tried to save at least someone, if it was unable to save girlfriend Jennifer Syme. 19. Keanu has a Canadian and British citizenship.
20. In the five years Reeves attended four high schools, including a school of acting craft from which he was expelled; his acting career he began at age 15, taking part in stage productions at a local club.
21. After leaving the Catholic High School for Boys, where he played hockey, he enrolled in the public school, combining study and work actor. Later, he dropped out of school without receiving a diploma of completion of secondary school.
22. In the school hockey team shortstop Keanu awarded the nickname "The Wall" (The Wall), because he was a first-class goalkeeper; future actor worked in the pastry shop, sharpened skates and admitted MVP (Most Valued Player - Most Valuable Player) in the hockey team of the school.
23. When Reeves first appeared in Hollywood, his agent thought that the name of the actor too exotic, so in the early films he sometimes appeared in the credits under the names KS Reeves, Norman Reeves Chuck or AIDS.
24. Replaced Val Kilmer in the role of "Johnny Mnemonic," because he preferred the role of Batman in "Batman Forever".